Thursday, April 8, 2010

three more days

I'm getting very excited for this weekend for not only my half marathon, but more importantly to hang out with my best college friends! Tomorrow night we're staying in KC and going to the George Strait/Reba McEntire/Leanne Womack concert and then heading to STL first thing Saturday morning. When we arrive, we'll head downtown to the expo to get our race packets and shop around a little (I'm sure). I'd also like to drive the race course to see what is in store for me. Then we're throwing our friend, Alison, a baby shower....she's expecting her first baby...a girl! Not sure what's in store for Saturday night, but I'm guessing whatever it is will be low key for those of us running in Sunday's race.

I just checked the weather and they're calling for a high of 78 and sunny. So, I'm seriously stressing out that I'm going to get too hot! Thank God the race starts at 7 AM, so I'm hoping it will be cool and cloudy for at least the first half. Not sure why I can't run when it's over about 65 if it's sunny, but I seriously get a headache and feel like I'm going to wet my pants every 10 minutes...weird, I know.

Tonight I'll be packing all of the race gear I could possibly ever need, just in case the weather forecast changes. I'm planning on running with my fuel belt so I don't have to get in the mess of people fighting for water/gu. I like to drink and fuel when I want to and not rely on the race volunteers anyway.

I've really been slacking in working out this week, meaning today is the first day I've done a darn thing! So, again, yet another thing to spaz out about. My last long run before the race was last Saturday and it was six miles. I was pleased with the pace (9:04) so hopefully I'll be able to do that for another 7.1 on Sunday!

Good luck on the races this weekend ladies!

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck and I know you'll rock it! Here's hoping for your perfect race weather! Hope you have a fabulous race weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck...I will be out there with ya! Can't wait...I'm a little concerned how to dress for the race, but at least NO RAIN!!! (something to be thankful for!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD Luck and high five!!

    Sounds like a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete