Wednesday, April 14, 2010

another half

Last weekend was my STL half. It didn't go as well as I had hoped, but was somewhat expected. The hills, the heat...they both led to me running slower than my previous half in November in the upper 30s weather. I'd much rather run when it's 30 than when it's 70...weird, I know!

Anyway, I ran the half in 2:11:44. This is over 7 minutes slower than my last half = bummer :( This picture below pretty much sums up how was I feeling afterwards....defeated and tired.


A friend at work, Kerry, talked me into doing a half marathon here in my hometown with her on Saturday. So, this is two halves in back to back weekends. I'm hoping I'll be able to redeem myself a little this Saturday, but we'll see. The temps will be a little cooler than last weekend, but the course is still a little hilly. Not AS hilly, but still hilly. This will be Kerry's first half marathon....and I think, first race period. She runs about 4 miles a day and does the elliptical for 30 minutes a day...everyday. And, she's recently been throwing in longer runs on the weekends with me. So, she is in great shape. The most she's ever run at once is about 7.75 miles, though. I know she's a little nervous, but I know she can do it.

I'll post sometime soon (probably early next week) about why I think I ran slower in this past half and what was different in my training this go-around versus the half in November. I know you all can't wait for that!

Hope those of you running Boston have a great time and all get your PRs!

2 comments:

  1. Even though you're bummed about on it being slower, main thing is you finished despite the hills and heat! Nice job in my eyes:) Good Luck on the race over the weekend. That's quite the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well congrats on another half, regardless of time, it's still a long way to run. and sometimes races just go that way, good learning experiences i guess?! good luck on saturday.

    ReplyDelete