Tuesday, January 12, 2010

and....I'm back!

Welcome back! I know, I know...I've definitely been slacking on the blog posting. Truth is, it doesn't seem like much has been going on since the holidays. Well, actually that's not true because I have a new hobby of eating horrible foods in enormous proportion. Seriously, I've gained 7 lbs since I ran my half marathon. I know the fact that I've only run 3 miles since then has definitely played a role, but so have my eating habits, my portions, what I put it my mouth..it's all horrible.

To portray the severity of the situation, before Christmas I went over to a friend's house. She was in town and I hadn't seen her in awhile. So, she starts asking me if I'm pregnant. I tell her no and she asks again....I mean, she thought I was lying because she asked me like four times! I practically had to swear on my life that I was NOT pregnant (which I'm not), but it's really b/c I have put on weight. And, I can't even use the excuse one who works out might be able to use...you know, Muscle Weighs More Than Fat because there's NO MUSCLE HERE!

Anyway, on a less disgusting and depressing note, I got my arm warmers for Christmas (which I obviously haven't used:), my new camera and a healthy amount to go towards my elliptical which I'm hoping to buy next month. I can't wait.

Please let me know who is really in for running the STL half marathon and who will be spectating b/c this is really still in my plans. Hopefully the snow holds off here starting next month so I can train adequately since I'll be starting from scratch...hopefully it's like riding a bike!

I'll leave you with a pic from one of the Christmas parties Coach and I attended. These are a couple of guys Coach grew up, so I'm not claiming them! Oh, and no, your eyes are not deceiving you...they re-pierced their ears (apparently this was a big thing to do in High School in Nevada, MO) and were wearing Christmas bell earrings...one each. This was taken during a break while playing Survivor Flip Cup where the losing team votes one person off the island after every round (I passed out shortly therefore--I think drinking excessive amounts the past two months may have played a part in the 7 lbs too, but that's just a guess). Stay Classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment